Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Headed Out!

Well here I am at the computer at 9am getting ready to depart on probably the craziest adventure of my life up to now. It really dawned on me for the first time last night when I was laying down to go to sleep, and realizing that it may be my last time sleeping in a bed until August 12th, and maybe even later. It dawned on me again this morning when I looked at the 18 gallon rubbermaid bin that had all of my clothes, bike accessories, and everything else that I plan on keeping with me over the next 8 weeks. I can't express how grateful I am to the donors that made this trip a possibility for me, and if you haven't gotten a thank you letter or email from me it is coming soon. I feel like I owe it to all of you and to myself to document this trip as well as I can so that you can see what your money is going toward, and so that I can come back and remember what is sure to be one of the best experiences of my life. I need to get on the road now so that I don't show up too late, but be sure to check in often and I'll try to update this as much as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment