Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Life Update and Plea for Help!

It has been quite a while since my last post, but I have been keeping pretty busy in the mean time. Since my last post I got to watch Kentucky win the NCAA basketball championship live thanks to the generosity of my friend Nora. I also attended my last college classes, had my honors thesis accepted, went on my longest bike ride to date, and got a new brooks saddle to make such long rides a little more comfortable. In the mean time thanks to the generosity of many of the people around me, I have gotten much closer to my fundraising goal for the beginning of the summer. Of the $4500 that I need to raise to participate in Bike and Build, I have raised $3907. This is fantastic, but I'm not done yet. In this break between the end of classes and finals I have been catching up on thank you letters to all of the people that have donated and developing plans for more fundraising. I think my best bet will be to ride my bike on a trainer outside of a grocery store to try to actively raise some money but I also hope that I am able to raise some more funds through these online outlets. Remember that Bike and Build is a 501(C)3 non-profit, so all contributions are deductible against federal income taxes! I will post again this weekend after my finals (I have one on Thursday and two on Friday), so wish me luck and I'll write more over the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment